Monday, March 1

Leave Me By the Seaside


Nothing bares more tranquility to my soul than an overcast ocean scene. A bittersweet taste of sea salt at the tip of my tongue, that when swallowed, holds memories of countless summers at the sea shore. Gulping down that tart taste only to find comfort coiled tightly within. Fluttering gusts of that sweet northern brisk wind, tangles my hair into fisherman knots. A pass time partisan of skipping seashells in hopes to make contact with the sunset which dips its toes into the sea's horizon oh so gently. All of these memories lay within my heart walls, radiating brightly when reminded of those beautiful days. False hope lingers along with unnerved woes, convincing my soul that it shall never reach such a euphoria ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment